Lyon is one of the best metropolitan areas in France that you need to visit. The town is 3rd largest within France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps area. The city is renowned for its historic and social heritage. Some of its structures and galleries have been listed in world history site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best places to visit as well as explore within Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Cathedral: This church is dedicated to St. John and St. Stephen. It was constructed during 12th and the 13th century. The oldest parts of the actual church have now been shut for prayers and are stored for the community display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the stunning courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance within the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is actually the oldest theatre in France and was started in Eleventh century AD. There's a great respect and value for this amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that's made in the actual English style of architecture. The park had been built during the 19th century and is one of the biggest and many beautiful urban parks of France. It is a good way for family excursions and other recreational activities. The main popular features of the recreation area include a large greenhouse, botanical garden along with a rose backyard. Recently African Flatlands have also been added where the animals can wander freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house had been started in 1826 and was later reopened in 1993. The place has located many opera performances as well as dance shows. The glass ceiling of the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is an additional fascinating attraction. The aquarium is located on the outskirts of the city and it has a bit of amusement for almost everybody. There are a number of varieties of fishes and other aquatic life species have been stored here. Many informative classes and slideshows will also be organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal place for the dance lovers. This theater has been dedicated to dancing where you can learn various style of dance. There's a museum also is situated in the actual vicinity of the identical building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is among the largest retail center in France. The actual mall has got the presence of the majority of the major brands on the planet. But steer clear of this place every sunday as it can obtain crowded.
Lyon is among the best locations in France to determine and discover restaurants Ã Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to reach Paris and then you can take either TGV train or even bus in order to Lyon.
Lyon, the cooking capital of France, which is the third largest city and second largest metropolitan region in France. This particular city is known for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This city was founded by the Roman empire and a history city because recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city is situated between Paris and Marseille and 470 km from Paris. You are able to reach there from Geneva which is just 170 km aside. It is located in East of France between two rivers called as Rhone as well as Saone. The people living there are known as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' environment and weather conditions are nice to visit in the month of Sept and October.